They spend significantly more than we expected.
The bucks hit my banking account today. It’s official: Medium will pay authors.
I made, here are some relevant links in case this is the first you’ve heard about Medium paying actual money to actual people before I break down what.
- Partner Program FAQ. You’ll learn how Medium determines what things to spend, exactly just how claps influence payment, and much more stuff that is good.
- Need to get pa >Anyway, right right here it really is. Paycheck # 1.
Observe that “How your locked tales contributed part that is? If as soon as you feel a compensated writer, you’ll have actually a few choices before you publish:
- You are able to secure the tale making it readable for users just. This reduces the traffic you’ll have, nonetheless it’s the best way to get. The four tales for the reason that screenshot had been the ones that are only thought we would secure, therefore moderate paid me personally for them. Add up? Cool. Let’s have a look at each one of the tales.
Locked Tale 1:
- 1K views, 843 reads, 78% read ratio
- 76 fans
- 617 claps
- Payment: $139.73
This 1 had been a little bit of an test because it had been my very first locked post. I needed to see if composing locked stories as time goes on had been an idea that is good.
It is effortlessly one of the better tales I’ve written on moderate. We go become an excellent indication if I’m laughing when I write something, and I also really never ever stopped laughing when I told the tragic story of Chad, Stacy therefore the ex who does perhaps not let it go.
I’m positive the traffic suffered because We thought we would secure it, but I happened to be happily surprised whenever I saw Medium’s estimated payment for my efforts. And so I thought we would keep working.
Locked Stories 2 and 3:
- 51K combined views, 42K combined reads
- 8,800 combined fans
- 98K combined claps
- Combined re re payment: $50.05
Wondering why these stories got plenty traffic but therefore payment that is little? It’s due to the fact great majority associated with the views and claps occurred when they had been unlocked and free for anybody to read through. We locked all of them two to three weeks after initially publishing.
So these tales are two high high high quality examples of unlocked articles that went bananas until these people were locked. As soon as that happened, traffic stumbled on a halt that is screeching. We figured it could take place, but i needed to see just what the re re payment would crank up being.
Allow the traffic figures in those two tales be a training for you: they make changes if you want to gain views, reads and followers, just write about Medium whenever.
Note: both these whole stories are unlocked once again if you’d like to read them.